Narrative Adventure “Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo” Coming to Consoles this Fall
On Wednesday, Microids announced the release dates for the console versions of Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo.
27 September in Europe & 4 October in North America.
Developed by Pendulo Studios, Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo is a narrative adventure game loosely based on the classic Hitchcock movie. The game is described as “a disturbing investigation inside the human mind.” Neat!
Here’s the official breakdown of Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo from Microids, followed by the announcement trailer:
Truth is sometimes worse than madness…
Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo tells the troubled story of Ed Miller, a writer who escaped unscathed from a car crash in the Brody Canyon, California. Even though no one was found inside the car wreckage, Ed insists that he was traveling with his wife and daughter. Traumatized by this event, he begins to suffer from severe vertigo. As he starts therapy, he will try to uncover what really happened on that tragic day.
• An exclusive, original story about obsession, memory, manipulation, and madness, freely inspired by Alfred Hitchcock’s masterpiece, Vertigo
• Live a powerful narrative experience paying tribute to the visual and storytelling techniques of Hitchcock
• Investigate through the vision of three characters: everyone has a different story to tell
• Explore several timelines to cross-check the events and separate reality from deceptive memories
There are also plans for a limited edition of the game, which includes the following:
- The standard edition of the game for PS5, PS4, Xbone & SeXbox or Nintendo Switch
- The 48-page official artbook The Art of: Alfred Hitchcock- Vertigo and its digital version
- The game’s digital original soundtrack, composed by Juan Miguel Martín Muñoz (Blacksad, Yesterday Origins)
Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo is coming to PS5, PS4, Xbone & SeXbox or Nintendo Switch on 27 September in Europe and 4 October in North America. It is available now on PC via Steam, Epic, and GOG.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!