Anthropomorphic Brawler “Jitsu Squad” Coming to Consoles Later This Year
ININ Games recently announced that 2D beat ‘em up Jitsu Squad is scheduled to release later this year for Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PS5 (in both digital and physical format). A digital-only release for Xbox is planned for a later date.
Developed by Tanuki Creative Studio, Jitsu Squad is a fast-paced brawler featuring unique character designs, colorful graphics, and both online and local co-op for up to four players (yes!).
Here’s the official breakdown of Jitsu Squad from ININ:
Jitsu Squad is a fast-paced fighting game inspired by old-school brawlers, paired with the intense and exciting fights of modern beat ‘em ups. Play alone or with up to four people in co-op mode against waves of enemies while amassing massive combo-chains and unleashing powerful and flashy super moves. To set the right mood for 90s fighting games, Jitsu Squad not only comes with a hand-drawn cartoon look and stunning visual effects but also music by none other than Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli, famous for the iconic SONIC The Hedgehog music.
Containing the soul of a powerful demon, the legendary Kusanagi Stone can grand godly powers to those who awaken it but has remained hidden over the centuries. Now, the wicked sorcerer Origami, destroyer of worlds and lord of darkness, has summoned ancient warriors to find the stone for him, cursing their souls and turning them into animals. Luckily, a mysterious monk called Ramen manages to save four warrior souls from Origami’s call: Hero, Baby, Jazz, and Aros, together are the Jitsu Squad!
- Fight lightning-fast, adrenaline-tingling battles
- 4 playable characters – Turn your warrior into a real legend with the upgrade system and unique secondary weapons that open up new combos
- Slay your enemies in style with 100+ chain-combos, infinite juggles and Epic Super Specials that will make your heart beat faster
- Powerful in-game character transformations will get your blood boiling
- Tons of unique enemies to slay and 8 different planets to save
- Up to 4-player local couch co-op fun
- Team up with a friend in 2-player tag-team mode, where each player can choose up to 2 characters
- Enter the battlefield while blasting original tunes by Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli, famous for the iconic SONIC The Hedgehog music
- Fighting game input commands provide a nice 90s throwback
Jitsu Squad will release digitally and in retail on PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch later in 2022, with more information about the Xbox release to be revealed at a later date. Special Limited Editions Jitsu Squad will be available via Gamesrocket.com.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!
The Splintering’s TeePublic store has items for all budgets, great and small! If you like what we do & want to help keep our site 100% free of paid ads, go here!
Pingback: Beastly Brawler “Jitsu Squad” Coming to PlayStation, Nintendo Switch in December | The Splintering