Japanese Horror RPG “The Witch’s House MV” Coming to Consoles on 13 October
DANGEN Entertainment recently announced that The Witch’s House MV is set to release on 13 October for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbone.
Originally developed with RPG Maker and released on PC in 2012, the developer Fummy has remastered The Witch’s House MV has been remastered with updated visuals, an enhanced atmosphere, and a new difficulty mode that includes new postgame scenarios – leading to the game’s “true” ending. The MV remake was released on PC in 2018, and this is the first time that the game will be available on consoles.
The Witch’s House MV is a traditional Japanese horror RPG, complete with puzzle-solving, traps and jump scares.
Here’s the official breakdown of The Witch’s House MV from DANGEN Entertainment, followed by a trailer:
A young girl, Viola, is drawn inexorably to a mysterious manor that seems to change behind her back. It is a place of pain, turmoil and death. Plumb its detestable depths and abominable history. Untangle riddles that bar your perilous path. And flee the hellish halls of The Witch’s House.
- The broadly loved classic of the genre finally makes its way to home consoles.
- A horror atmosphere wherein players solve puzzles based on clues found in the house.
- Reimagined graphics that make for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Unlockable difficulty modes with new events and dialogue.
- Violence and gore that are not recommended for the squeamish. Player discretion advised.
- Sudden deaths that lurk around every corner and await every misstep.
- Items must be used deliberately as players solve the puzzles for themselves.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Head phones *strongly* recommended.
The Witch’s House MV is currently scheduled to release on 13 October for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbone via each platform’s digital storefronts. Preorders for both the Nintendo Switch and Xbone are available now.
Thanks for reading!
You can check out more of our Festival of Dread content here, and please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!
The Splintering’s TeePublic store has items for all budgets, great and small! If you like what we do & want to help keep our site 100% free of paid ads, go here!