Stone Age Farming Sim “Roots of Pacha” Now on Steam PC
Farming so easy, a caveman can do it.
On Tuesday, publisher Crytivo officially released Roots of Pacha on Steam PC. Console versions are planned for a later date.
Developed by Soda Den following a successful crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter, Roots of Pacha is a farming life simulator set in the Stone Age with a throwback pixel art visual aesthetic. It was inspired by Jean M. Auel’s 1980 novel Clan of the Cave Bear and classic farming sim games like Harvest Moon.
Here’s the official breakdown of Roots of Pacha from Crytivo:
Be a part of a thriving Stone Age community. Join friends in this farming and life simulation game set in the early days of civilization. Discover “Ideas,” domesticate crops, befriend animals, and contribute to the growth of your village.
- Explore & Build – Fish in streams and rivers, discover unique flora and fauna, and mine the mysterious caves for resources.
- Grow & Harvest – Start your own farming revolution and invent new tools and techniques to build a prosperous village from the ground up.
- Develop Ideas -With a world ripe for discovery, you’ll find ways to improve your everyday life. Invent the “sundial” to track time or the concept of a “well” to make watering your crops easier.
- Expand Your Village – Construct buildings, invite others into the clan, and transform your settlement into an agricultural marvel. Build on the Ideas you develop to discover new buildings or irrigation.
- Join the Clan – Be a part of a lively community where everyone cooperates, develop friendships, and even find love! Your interactions with the clan will impact how they react to not just you, but the world itself.
- Into the Spiritual World – You’ll discover a mysterious structure that seems to call on you to explore the depth of Pacha’s caves. Answer this greater calling and meet a cast of animal totems along the way.
- Make it Yours – Customize your character’s appearance from a diverse range of hairstyles, outfits, and skin tones. Select between 3 body styles and mix and match facial features. Then, design and decorate your home to reflect your unique style.
- Play with Friends – Invite up to 3 friends to join your village! Live with them (or keep your distance), share talents and resources, and celebrate festivals together
Roots of Pacha is available now on Steam PC. A console release is planned for a later date.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!
The Splintering’s TeePublic store has items for all budgets, great and small! If you like what we do & want to help keep our site 100% free of paid ads, go here!