Roguelite-Inspired “Never Grave: The Witch and The Curse” Coming Soon to Steam PC
Pocket Pair recently announced that their upcoming side-scrolling adventure game Never Grave: The Witch and The Curse is now available to wishlist on Steam PC.
Developed by Pocket Pair’s own Frontside 180 Studio, Never Grave is fantasy adventure with gameplay elements inspired by Roguelite and Metroidvania titles, as well as persistent character upgrades achieved by building and crafting.
Up to four players will dive into randomly generated dungeons to defeat enemies, avoid traps and other obstacles, as well as take down bosses. The game’s hat-based “possession system” allows players to control enemies and create innovative strategies for battling enemies.
Here’s the official breakdown of Never Grave: The Witch and The Curse from Pocket Pair, followed by the latest trailer:
Introduction of “Never Grave: The Witch and The Curse”
A Metroidvania x Roguelite, where you advance using a cursed hat. Use a variety of magic or possess your enemies to reach the lowest levels! Bring back loot, build new facilities in your village, make a living and strengthen yourself for the next battle! Supports up to 4-player multiplayer.
Authentic 2D action
Identify enemy attacks, fight with magic, and sometimes use the terrain to win! Dungeons such as ruins and botanical gardens are auto-generated and change each time you play. Furthermore, there are obstacles and puzzles waiting to block the player’s path in the dungeons.
Possess enemies using a cursed hat. Use unique abilities from your possessed enemies to open up avenues of action and gain an advantage in battle!
Multiplayer support for up to four players. Call your friends from other worlds and conquer dungeons together!
- Metroidvania x Roguelite with an emphasis on exploration.
- Sophisticated and tactilely designed player character controls.
- Possession system where hats can possess enemies and use their unique abilities.
- Traditional Japanese hand-drawn limited animation is used for character 2D animation.
- Thickly painted backgrounds with depth, as if you are travelling through a world of picture books and cut-out pictures.
- Learn actions such as double-jump from artefacts to explore new areas.
- Constantly changing play style depending on the synergy of “traits” associated with magic and items.
- Intense battles with tough bosses. It will take more than just memorizing boss patterns to defeat them without taking damage…
- Rebuild your village. Strengthen yourself through building and production to prepare for the next adventure.
- Explore different terrain each time you play through procedurally generated dungeons.
- Multiplayer support. Up to four players can delve into the dungeon together!
You can add Never Grave: The Witch and The Curse to your Steam wishlist now. A release date has not yet been confirmed.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!
The Splintering’s TeesPublic store has items for all budgets, great and small! If you like what we do & want to help keep our site 100% free of paid ads, go here!