“Descent” spiritual successor “Overload” coming to Xbox One, features cross-play with PC
Revival Productions’ spiritual successor to Descent has been available on PC and PS4 since last year, but on 6 March, Overload will also be coming to Xbox One.
Made by many of Descent’s original creative team, Overload is a six-degrees-of-freedom sci-fi shooter. Unlike the PS4 version, however, the Xbox One port of Overload will feature cross-play with the PC version.
Here’s Revival’s rundown of the game.
- 15 level single-player campaign plus secret levels
- Numerous level challenges including lava, force fields, lockdowns, ambushes, and secret rooms
- 20 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants and three bosses armed with customized AI giving them unique personality and combat behavior
- Multiplayer with public and private matches
- Challenge Mode with 12 levels and Infinite and Countdown variants that alter the focus of play
- Story by the writer of FreeSpace 2 with fully-voiced audio (English Only)
- Adrenaline-pumping soundtrack
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades and XP system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide for navigation assistance
- Save almost anywhere
- Six difficulty levels ranging from a casual challenge to very punishing
- Surround sound audio options
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Interface and subtitles available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Russian
Source: Niche Gamer