Heavy metal run-and-gunner “Valfaris” gets a release date, new trailer unveiled
On Thursday, publisher Big Sugar announced that the metal-themed run-and-gunner Valfaris will be launching very soon. How soon? Ahem:
- October 10: PC (Steam, GOG, Humble) and Nintendo Switch
- November 5/6: PS4 NA/EU respectively
- November 8: Xbox One
In addition to the release dates, Big Sugar also announced a Valfaris Digital Deluxe Edition will be coming on launch day to both PC and PS4, which includes the game itself, the original soundtrack, and a digital artbook.
To top it off, here’s a new trailer to get you in the mood to lock n’ load and rock n’ roll, followed by the full breakdown of the game from the latest press release:
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
Valfaris is developed by Steel Mantis and published by Big Sugar.