Sci-fi shoot-em-up “Jamestown+” coming to Switch, PC on 12 December
Final Form Games has announced that its sci-fi space shoot-em-up Jamestown+ is coming to Nintendo Switch and Steam PC via Steam on 12 December 12 for $17.99. Jamestown+ is a new version of the original Jamestown released for PS4 in 2015, with the updated game featuring extra stages, ships, an updated soundtrack and several performances improvements.
Those who purchased the PS4 original can also look forward to a free update which will incorporate all of the updates of Jamestown+.
Here’s the breakdown of the game from the Jamestown+ Steam page:
Built from the ground up to be an exciting experience for players of all skill levels, Jamestown+ is friendly to shoot ’em up newcomers while also offering the full-throttle challenge that die-hard fans of the genre crave.
Set on 17th century British colonial Mars, Jamestown+ is a neoclassical cooperative shoot-em-up for up to four players. Lush pixelart and an award-winning orchestral soundtrack immerse you in Raleigh’s battle to protect Britain’s last bastion: Jamestown colony. Jamestown+ features all the intensity, depth, and lovingly handcrafted pixels of a classic arcade shooter, with a modern twist: deeply-integrated cooperative gameplay.
Eight years in the making, this is the definitive expanded and remastered edition of the critically-acclaimed debut title from Final Form Games.
- Jamestown’s wide array of difficulty levels gives newcomers an exciting way to get into the shoot ’em up genre while also offering experts the crisply-controlling intense action they crave.
- Jamestown+ plays beautifully at any number of players – you’ll only lose a credit when the whole team is destroyed at once, so you’re always happy to have a bonus friend in on the action!
- Play with up to four of literally any type of controller! Jamestown+‘s controller detection & key rebinds let you and your friends get into the game with whatever you’ve got on hand. Four mice? Check. A mouse and three keyboards? Check. A Steam Controller, a DDR pad, a Rock Band guitar, and a Flightsim controller? Check, and also please send us a video of you doing this.
- Two all-new, handcrafted levels set on Phobos & Deimos, the moons of Mars.
- New ships: Brave the horrors of Mars with several powerful new ships and their unique loadouts, including Treason’s powerful fusillades of homing missiles, Ghost’s mighty close-range Excalibur and shadow double, and The Armada, three new configurable characters allow for 36 possible weapon loadouts, allowing players to craft their own playstyle.
- Countless improvements large and small, including new background & enemy artwork, level layout adjustments, bullet pattern tweaks, and a completely scratch-built user interface.
- The original soundtrack and sound effects have been carefully remastered for 5.1 surround sound, powered by the all-new Gorilla Audio engine.
The Splintering has an email newsletter!
To sign up for our content sent directly to your inbox, go here!