“Jet Lancer” brings 2D dogfights to Switch, PC & Mac this May
Developer Armor Games Studios has announced that Jet Lancer will arrive on Nintendo Switch, Mac, and PC (via GOG and Steam) on 12 May for $14.99. Developed by Vladimir Fedyushkin and Nicolai Danielsen, Jet Lancer is a fast-paced 2-D shooter with a unique combination of bullet-hell and dogfighting, combining shades of Bangai-O, Defender, Choplifter, and (maybe?) even Asteroids. There’s also a talking cat.
You can watch Jet Lancer‘s official launch trailer below followed by the an overview of the game taken from its official Steam page:
Jet Lancer is a high-velocity aerial combat shooter where you duel enemy aviators, hunt giant robots, and defy death at supersonic speeds.
You are Ash Leguinn: badass pilot, highly paid mercenary, and flight-school drop out. Your day job is fine—the daily grind of dealing with Sky Pirates pays the bills—but nothing compares to the rush of demolishing a ninety-ton mechanical monstrosity at the speed of sound. And you’ll have your chance. As mechanized weapons converge on Root City, you’ll have to be at the top of your game to survive, and you’ll have to surpass your limits if you want to save the world.
- Be A Badass – Jet Lancer is easy to learn but hard to master. Precise and responsive controls make you feel like an ACE as you dodge and weave through enemy fire without even a scratch in the paint.
- Surpass Your Limits in Ash’s Story – Make your way from rookie aviator to ACE pilot in a story-driven single player campaign containing 30 missions, 11 bosses, and only 1 chance to save the world.
- Aggressive New Game Plus – Go higher, further, and faster in Jet Lancer’s New Game Plus mode which features more relentless AI, new attack patterns, and some fancy new upgrades for the LANCE to provide a fresh experience.
- Choose From an Extensive Arsenal – Customizable loadout with 28 different guns, payloads, and flight components to let you dominate the skies in any way you’d like.
- Customize with Accessibility Options – We think everyone should have the opportunity to feel like an ACE pilot. To that end we’ve included anti-fatigue control toggles, adjustable dodge windows, an invincibility option, and the ability to disable screenshake and screen flashing.
- Talking Cat – There’s a talking cat! His name is Lem.