Koei Tecmo: “Atelier Ryza 2” Will NOT Be Censored in the West
When the US trailer for Atelier Ryza: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy was shown at Tokyo Game Show 2020, it was clear that the footage had been altered to cover up the more shapely bits of one of the female characters. Since that time, fans of Koei Tecmo’s RPG series were concerned that the next installment in the series would indeed arrive on Western shores in a censored state. Adding to these concerns are Sony’s censorious rules which have resulted in content being cut and edited out from several third party games (almost all of which just happen to be Japanese).
Thankfully, publisher Koei Tecmo has cleared the air with a very direct statement denying that Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy will be censored. Here’s the statement from Koei Tecmo:
“Despite the differences in Atelier Ryza 2 promotional videos recently shown at TGS, we want to assure fans that the game itself will not be censored in the West… We hope everyone is looking forward to the upcoming adventure!”
Here’s the trailer in question from TGS 2020, followed by the official breakdown of Atelier Ryza: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy from Koei Tecmo:
Even if my strength is lost, I will always be by your side…
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy is the newest entry in the Atelier series, and a direct sequel to the hit title Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout. Ryza returns as the protagonist, making history as the series’ first character to star in two successive titles. Join Ryza and her friends as they take on an exciting new adventure.
Ryza has grown quite a bit since her last journey and now has her sights set on a brand-new adventure. Join Ryza and her team as they attempt to decipher the mystery of the “Lost Legends.”
3 years have passed since Ryza’s secret grand adventure on Kurken Island.
Ryza, the only member of her group to remain on the island, receives a letter from her friend, along with a mysterious request. This inspires her to leave the island and venture out to the royal capital, Ashra-am Baird. However, Ryza is unaware that this will lead to the beginning of an imaginative new adventure involving the pursuit of the mysteries of the ruins surrounding the royal capital.
• Charming new characters will also make their debut appearances, including the mysterious creature, Fi!
• Experience improved gathering, synthesis, and battle systems!
• Ryza can now perform many new actions in the field, including diving underwater and using magic ropes to travel between separated areas. These abilities allow
• Ryza to reach unexpected locations which contain many new items to gather and synthesize.
• Utilize several new synthesis systems including the new intuitive “Linkage Synthesis” system which gives Ryza the ability to rebuild items.
• Take on your enemies using the “Real-time tactics” battle system,” which is now faster and more thrilling than ever!
• Explore every nook and cranny of an expansive new field with even more content than the previous title, along with a host of new dungeons to explore!
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy is currently scheduled to release for PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch on 3 December in Japan. A western release is planned for “winter” (likely 2021), and will include a Steam PC release.
Source: Niche Gamer
The Splintering’s Teespring store has new items celebrating October’s Festival of Dread! If you like what we do & want to help keep our site 100% free of paid ads, go here!