Redblack Spade’s “Fearmonium” is a Metroidvania of the Mind
Developer Redblack Spade has announced that the 2-D adventure game Fearmonium will release for both PC and Mac (via Steam) on 20 May.
Featuring a blend of humor and dark themes, Fearmonium puts players in control of a newborn phobia in the subconscious mind of a young boy. The gameplay is reminiscent of a “Metroidvania”, nonlinear with new areas that open along the way, all riddled with fears and repressed memories.
You can check out the latest trailer below, followed by the full breakdown of the game from the Fearmonium Steam page.
Fearmonium is a psychedelic metroidvania where suspense intertwines with humor. Start the game as the usual unpleasant memory and reincarnate into a real phobia by breaking through the most hidden corners of consciousness of Max.
The whole game will unfold in the inner world of a boy who once saw several clowns at a fair. Their images secured by support of Depression are making their way into the depths of his consciousness through the nightmare, meeting Max’s memories on their way, anxieties and bright images. Will the clowns be able to supplant all objective fears of Max and take the place of his main horror?
• A huge map of Max’s consciousness, woven from abstract images and half-forgotten memories;
• Classic and hand-drawn frame-by-frame animation;
• Dynamic battles with combo attacks and a variety of unique abilities;
• Information about the process of the formation of new phobias and the nature of human consciousness;
• Memorable enemies, whose images reflect what Max saw in the real world;
• The answer to the question: does a phobia always cause irreparable harm, or can its presence change life for better?
Source: Niche Gamer
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!