Cyberpunk Shooter/RPG “The Ascent” Launching in July for Steam PC, Xbox Platforms
Publisher Curve Digital recently announced that Neon Giant’s cyberpunk-inspired shooter RPG The Ascent is scheduled to release on 29 July for Steam PC, Xbox One, and SeXbox. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass on day one.
You can check out The Ascent’s latest trailer below followed by the breakdown of the game from Curve Digital.
The Ascent will see players dive into ‘The Ascent Group’ arcology, a self-contained corporate-run metropolis, stretching high into the sky and filled with creatures from all over the galaxy. Taking on the role of an indentured worker, the world starts to go haywire when The Ascent Group shuts down for unknown reasons. Life becomes a case of survival, with rival corporations and crime syndicates looking to fill the empty space. Players will have to take up arms and hold them off. The Ascent begins here.
The Ascent will offer players the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG powered by Unreal Engine that takes the genre to new levels, available to play in both single-player and up to four-player co-op.
• A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
• Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
• An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
• Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
• A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
Source: Niche Gamer
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!