“King of Fighters XV” Coming to Consoles, PC in February 2022
During the Gamescom Opening Night Live show, publisher Koch Media and SNK announced that King of Fighters XV is scheduled to release for PS5, PS4, SeXbox, and PC (via Steam) on 17 February 2022.
This latest installment in the classic fighting game franchise features 39 characters, and it’s the first time that heroes from each KOF saga (Orochi, NESTS, and Ash Sagas) have come together as part of a King of Fighters storyline.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the game’s features, followed by the latest trailer:
- Classic 3v3 team battle system
- An improved MAX Mode
- A MAX Mode (Quick) rush function allowing for combos to be executed by rapidly pressing attack buttons
- A new “shatter strike” counter attack technique
- 1-2 players local support
- 2-8 players online support
- Ranked match, casual match, room match and online training online modes
- A Draft VS Mode where you must snag your favorite character before your opponent does
- Rollback netcode
- Gallery featuring in-game voices, cinematics, and an animated KOF short directed by Masami Obari
- DJ Station with over 300 KOF songs
- Customizable soundtrack
KOFXV will be available in three editions:
- Standard Edition: Contains the base game ($59.99)
- Day One Edition: Contains the Terry “Garou: Mark of the Wolves” DLC outfit (physical only, $59.99)
- Deluxe Edition: Features three days Early Access, KOFXV Team Pass 1 (Includes Team 1 & 2 DLC – three characters per team, six in total), exclusive “Classic Leona” outfit (digital only, $84.99)
KOFXV Team Pass 1 will also be available separately as DLC ($29.99), or you can get each three-person team for $15.99 a piece.
You can preorder King of Fighters XV now for PS5, PS4, and SeXbox.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!