Lovecraftian FPS “Forgive Me Father” Launching 7 April
Game publisher 1C Entertainment recently announced that the horror FPS Forgive Me Father is scheduled to leave Early Access and launch as a full, 1.0 version on 7 April.
Developed by Byte Barrel, Forgive Me Father, is inspired by the work of H. P. Lovecraft, and features a dark comic book visual style. The 1.0 release adds a new playable character, increases the number of levels by more than 50%, and “more.”
Here’s the official breakdown of Forgive Me Father from 1C Entertainment:
Choose between a Priest or Journalist character and become the only sane person left in a world gone mad. Embark on a journey in search of answers and relief and explore this Lovecraft-inspired world that is full of hidden and hard to reach areas, in which you uncover the entire story to solve the mystery of this crazy place. During this journey you will upgrade your character and weapons, using your many active skills and even the creeping madness itself to defeat hordes of sanity-defying monstrosities.
• Feeling of a classic FPS from the 90s – Timelapse animations, opponents and elements of 2D in a 3D environment; first aid kits and life points, non-reloading weapons, powerups during dynamic combat with numerous opponents.
• Custom combat experience – With scripture in one hand and weapons powered by an unknown substance in the other, the player will face the challenge of maintaining their humanity. It is up to the player to decide how their equipment evolves, and to find ways of defeating hordes of unpredictable opponents.
• Dynamic level of madness – Directly influencing not only the audio-visual experience, but gameplay itself, the effect varying depending on the current level of madness.
• Presented in a dark comic book style – Hand-drawn graphics designed to maintain a distinctive comic book look, where any screenshot from the game could be a part of a new comic book.
• Mood straight from Lovecraft’s dark novels – All throughout the game, the player will feel the atmosphere of dread and horror that the works of HP Lovecraft are renowned for. Surrounded by the occult and forces of eternal evil, experience the feelings of hopelessness, madness and confusion, and the burning need to find answers and bring back some semblance of reason and sanity to the world.
• Many atmospheric levels and varied bestiary – A diverse world entirely made by hand, full of interesting enemies ranging from possessed inhabitants to monsters straight out of your worst nightmares.
•’Two heroes to choose from – Each with their own, unique development tree. Experience the story from the perspective of either a priest or a journalist.
• Endless Mode – Endure the unending onslaught of wave after wave of monsters. How long can you survive? Defeat bosses during the main story to open more arenas!
The full 1.0 release of Forgive Me Father will launch on 7 April 2022. It is now available in Early Access via Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store and other digital stores for $19.99 USD / €19.99 EUR / £17.99 GBP / 3.60 Bison Dollars.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!