Arcade-Style Shooter “Red Wings: American Aces” Coming to Switch, PC on 31 March
Publisher All in! Games recently announced that its arcade biplane shooter, Red Wings: American Aces, will be coming to Steam PC and Nintendo Switch on 31 March.
Created as a spin-off of Red Wings: Aces of the Sky, this new Red Wings title focuses on the entertainment factor over historical accuracy. American Aces features 15 different planes to choose from, 30 campaign missions, multiplayer modes, and a comic book inspired visual aesthetic.
Here’s the official breakdown of Red Wings: American Aces from All in! Games:
Red Wings: American Aces puts you in the pilot’s seat of a nostalgic, action-packed arcade shooter illustrated in a vibrant comic-book style with a gaming mode for every occasion. Prove yourself in exciting aerial battles and make a name for your squad as the best aces of WWI!
• Fly online – Test your skills against a max of 9 other players in Last Man Standing, Score Battle, or Time Battle modes or gather your squad of up to 5 pilots and battle other squads in Elimination, Time Team Battle, or Score Team Battle modes
• Fly locally – Play custom games in 3 different modes (Score Battle, Time Battle, and Hide n’ Seek (2 players only)) solo against AI or against another player
• Complete 30 missions in campaign mode – relive the aerial dogfights of WWI and encounter all manner of unexpected challenges (available in local co-op for 1-2 players)
• Upgrade your pilot progression skill tree – develop your pilot skills and rearrange points depending on the mission at hand
• Pilot 15 different warplanes, each with unique skins – stand out in the heat of battle with a plane your enemies won’t soon forget
• Rise to the challenge – be prepared for thunderstorms that blast skill cooldowns, sandstorms that reduce visibility, missions where you’ll only be able to take out enemies with barrel rolls, and more!
Red Wings: American Aces is scheduled to release for Steam PC and Nintendo Switch on 31 March. There is a special 20% discount available for those who preorder the game through the Nintendo eShop.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!