Physical Editions of “Heaven’s Vault” Now Available for Preorder Via Strictly Limited Games
Strictly Limited Games recently opened preorders for an exclusive limited edition of Heaven’s Vault for Nintendo Switch and PS4.
Developed by inkle, Heaven’s Vault received a number of industry awards upon its initial release in 2019. The game itself is a unique blend of narrative and puzzle solving, as players traverse a network of moons and decipher a lost language.
Here’s the official breakdown of Heaven’s Vault, followed by the latest trailer:
Welcome to the Nebula: a strange network of moons linked by rivers in space, where ancient robots coexist with humans. Its ancient history has long been forgotten and only fragments remain, written in a lost hieroglyphic language. Join archaeologist Aliya Elasra and her robot sidekick Six on a trail of discoveries that will lead to the very edge of the world and to the ancient secret of Heaven’s Vault.
Ancient, the hieroglyphic language at the center of Heaven’s Vault, is a full language created for the game that consists of around 3,000 words. A language that an active fan community is continually discovering, discussing, and even expanding beyond the scope of the game. But it’s not only the language that makes Heaven’s Vault special. Progress through the game in any order you choose; the game’s fully adaptive narrative remembers every choice you make, every discovery, and every action you take, influencing what happens next. Meet a diverse cast of characters who remember everything you say, and whose attitudes toward you will change based on how you act. Who will you trust? What will you find? What will you risk? You will have to decide for yourself!
• Find artifacts and translate their hieroglyphic inscriptions to piece together the history of the world.
• Make tough decisions and interact with a large cast of characters who remember everything you say.
• Sail Aliya’s ship, the Nightingale, through an open world of fast-flowing space rivers and lost moons.
• Freely explore a variety of locations, from ruined palaces to desert moons, market towns, and farming villages.
• Marvel at the unique art style, blending beautiful hand-drawn 2D art with 3D environments.
• Play it again – Heaven’s Vault is highly replayable thanks to massively flexible choice-driven gameplay and translation puzzles that expand on every playthrough, revealing new secrets.
There are two limited editions of Heaven’s Vault now available for preorder on the Strictly Limited Games website.
The Limited Edition includes the game, case, and color manual, and is limited to 1,900 copies for Nintendo Switch and 900 for PS4 (both €29.99).
The Special Limited Edition (€49.99) is limited to 900 copies for Nintendo Switch and 400 for PS4. This version includes a number of collectible tchotchkes, including:
- Special Limited Edition Box
- Colorful Game Manual
- Original Soundtrack with previously unreleased bonus tracks
- 10 Puzzle Cards
- Timeline of the Nebula
- Archaeologist’s Notebook
- 4 transparent Stickers
Both editions can be bundled with two Heaven’s Vault novels by Jon Ingold, inkle’s narrative director.
Interested? You can preorder your physical editions of Heaven’s Vault here, but don’t delay, as some bundles are already selling out.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!