Both “80 Days” & “Overboard!” Getting a Physical Release on Nintendo Switch
ININ Games recently announced that inkle’s narrative adventure games 80 Days and Overboard! are both coming to the Nintendo Switch in a single, physical package. 80 Days is a reimagining of Jules Verne’s classic Around the World in 80 Days, but with a steampunk backdrop. Overboard! is described as a “reverse whodunnit” where players must find to escape a cruise ship after committing a murder.
Here’s the official breakdown of both games from ININ:
In this steampunk retelling of Jules Verne’s Around the World in 80 Days, players set out on a journey to circumnavigate the globe. Playing as Passepartout, long-suffering valet to Phileas Fogg, you must set the route, manage the budget, oversee the health and well-being of your master, and get back to London before the clock runs out. The game has been critically-acclaimed and was one of the best games of 2014, according to Time Magazine!
• Visit over 170 bespoke cities on your journey around the world.
• Discover creative ways to travel – by train, airship, moving city, ice-walker, hydrofoils and much more…
• Lose yourself in a richly imagined, diverse alternative-history steampunk world created by award-winning writers Meg Jayanth and Jon Ingold.
• Experience a unique journey with thousands of choices for endless possibilities.
• Enjoy striking Art Deco-styled visuals by Jaume Illustration.
• 80 Days is not the end – can you do it in less?
Your husband has been murdered! There’s just one problem – you killed him. Now you have eight hours to cover up your crime and get away without being caught. Frame other passengers, conceal the evidence, and figure out how to get away with it before the time runs out in this Writers’ Guild Awards-winning game in the category “Best Writing in a Video Game”.
• NPCs have their own agendas, and remember everything they see and hear.
• Choose every line and every action. Go where you want, when you want.
• Some characters are friendly, and some are out to get you. Who will you befriend? And who will you betray?
• You only have eight hours to escape justice, and the clock is always ticking.
• Play once for a thrill, or multiple times to uncover all the secrets and achieve the ideal ending.
In addition to the standard retail version, there are also plans for two limited editions via Strictly Limited Games.
The Limited Edition includes the game, case, and color manual, and is limited to 2,000 (€29.99). The Special Limited Edition (€49.99) is limited to 999 copies. The latter version includes a number of collectible tchotchkes, of course.
Pre-orders for the limited editions are now available via the Strictly Limited Games website here while supplies lasts.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!