Classic Arcade-Inspired “Smoothcade” Coming to Steam PC, Consoles Later This Year
2Awesome Studio recently announced plans announces they will publish Smoothcade later this year for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Xbox and Steam PC.
Developed by Joseph J., Smoothcade is a multiplayer puzzle-platformer inspired by classic “clear the screen” arcade games like Bubble Bobble, Snow Bros., and Dig Dug.
Here’s the official breakdown of Smoothcade from 2AS, followed by the announcement trailer:
Smoothcade is a cute “clear the screen” modern-arcade game that features gameplay for 1 to 4 players. Recover the missing golden blend through 100 platform-jumping, puzzle-solving handcrafted levels with a ton of fruity critters!
Capture critters using projectiles called cloudies. Rush into the cloudie to pop critters from the screen. Choose and swap between Mercy and Mayhem cloudies through a karma system – which impacts special bonus items and power-ups.
The game features 5 different game modes, for endless hours of fun!
Story mode: A 100-level story, with three difficulty settings, where you have to find the missing golden blender!
Battle mode: Collect the most fruit to win! A party-style game mode for 2 to 4 players. Play on procedurally generated levels for new fast-paced fun!
Endless Mode: With only four lives, survive procedurally generated levels that increase in difficulty!
Speed Run: Beat the clock and adventure through a selected world of ten levels.
Replay: Play and practice any level for fun and try to earn 3-stars!
• Capture & Karma System: spit cloudies to capture critters and pop them away.
• Swap between Mayhem and Mercy cloudies to earn special bonus items.
• Unlockable characters: play as 1 of 16 wacky and adorable characters, each with a unique skill set.
• Unique Boss Fights: challenge ten unique critters in a battle – each inspired by a fruit.
• Unlockable Game Modes: become a Smoothcade pro and unlock game modes such as Boss Rush and a “no continue” intense mode.
• Accessibility: outline players, enemies and objects, dim backgrounds, set auto-attack, and more!
Smoothcade is planned for release later in 2022 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Xbox and Steam PC.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!