Lighthearted Sci-Fi Cloning Adventure “Overloop” Coming Soon to Consoles, PC
On Wednesday, indie game publisher Digerati announced plans to release the futuristic sci-fi puzzle-platformer Overloop on PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbone, and SeXbox.
Developed by Charge Games, Overloop is described as “a light-hearted adventure set in a dark future where big brain scientists create a cloning gun.” The game begins when this weapon is mass produced and made commercially available to consumers. The game presents this as a bad idea, but what could go wrong with cloning the world’s hottest babes so that there’s more to go around?
Anyway… here’s the real story behind Overloop from Digerati, followed by the latest trailer:
Overloop is a puzzle-platformer set in a dystopian world. Step into an ethically compromised future where cloning technology has wreaked havoc on humanity – and it’s sort of all YOUR fault! As an employee of nefarious megacorp, Infinity Inc., and the inventor of its Quantic Matter Replication Device (aka the QMRD, aka the cause of the world going to hell in a handbasket), it’s up to you to sort out the mess you helped create. Grab your cloning gun and hot-foot it through a world descending into clone-induced chaos. Create clones of yourself and use them to solve puzzles and save humanity. Get to it genius!
• Create clones! Make endless copies of yourself with the cloning gun and use your perfectly formed doppelgangers – up to four at once – to overcome obstacles and solve puzzle
• Sacrifice clones! Dystopias are very dangerous places, and many clones will suffer hilariously gruesome deaths along the way. Fried! Crushed! Mangled! Minced! RIP clones 😦
• Explore a world of weirdness! From suspiciously friendly AI and cultish crackpots, to modified corn and cloned panda bears. This freaky future has (almost) everything!
• Think about ethics! Is it better that a clone should die, rather than the real you? Consider the morality of human cloning as you condemn countless versions of yourself to death
• Have a mustache! Play as a hero with sweet facial hair. Purely cosmetic. Totally badass
The PC versions of Overloop will launch on 26 August, while the console versions will follow sometime in Q4 2022.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!