Story-Driven Shoot’em Up “Flightpath” Joins Steam Next Fest
Illogic Games recently announced that their upcoming shoot’em up game Flightpath will get a free demo as part of Steam Next Fest in October.
Flightpath is a story-based shoot’em up (or as we called them back in the old days: “shooters”) with an anime-inspired visual aesthetic where your choices affect the progression of the game.
Here’s the official breakdown of Flightpath from Illogic, followed by the latest trailer:
Flightpath – an anime story-based shoot’em up
Select a character and make choices that impact their flight path and the outcome of their story.
Pick “Kath”, a mechanical spaceship engineer, A.J., a disgraced ex-detective or “Max”, a professional aeroracer, craft your spaceship, explore a variety of worlds as you decide their flight path, in every sense of the word, in their quest to overthrow the crime syndicate that rules the planet Venaris.
- Shape the course of the game – Your choices affect the story on many levels. (friends, enemies, fights and the end of the story).
- Meet 3 characters with unique stories. Discover the different storylines of Kath, A.J., and Max.
- Customize your spaceship. Upgrade your weapons and much more
- Procedural top-down shoot’em up – Maximum replayability of fights
- Explore 10 unique worlds. From a junky yard to the asteroid belt passing by lava, jungle, desert…
- Play again – Choose another character, make other choices and enjoy great replayability with procedurally generated shoot’em up levels
Flightpath is currently scheduled for a full release in January 2023 on Steam PC.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!