On Your Mark, Get Set, Smurf! “Smurfs Kart” Now on Nintendo Switch
Can you believe that The Smurfs will be 65 years old in 2023? Smurfette still looks great.
On Wednesday, publisher Microids released Smurfs Kart for Nintendo Switch. The game is developed by Eden Games who has a well-established pedigree for creating racing games, including Gear Club Unlimited, Test Drive Unlimited, and V-Rally. It’s also not the first time that the Smurfs have taken to the racetrack, either, as they did just that on the original PlayStation in the form of Smurf Racer.
Here’s the official breakdown of Smurfs Kart from Microids, followed by a recent trailer:
Want to be the fastest Smurf in the village?
It’s time to make engines roar. Choose a Smurf with their individual kart and unique super power, and get ready for some frantic races with the whole family!
Get a head start, take shortcuts, master the Smurf’s super powers and use bonuses to rise in the rankings. Alone or with others, new beginner, or experienced driver… Everyone can win the Smurf place and drive wild races with friends and family!
- 12 tracks set in the Smurfs’ universe: The village, the forest, the dam, the swamps… even Gargamel’s house!
- 12 iconic playable Smurfs: Handy, Hefty, Smurfette, Papa Smurf, Jokey… choose your favorite Smurf and get ready for the race! Each Smurf has its own kart and a very handy special item to help you breeze past your opponents.
- Reach 1st place by using the environment around you: Bonus items, boosts, ramps, destructible boxes, shortcuts and more!
- Smurf together: Play solo or with family and friends, with support for up to 4 players in split-screen local multiplayer!
- “Time Challenge” mode: Try to beat every Smurf at their own racetrack and reach the top of the online leaderboard with your best time!
- Unlock original bonuses as you play and try to Smurf them all in your personal album!
In addition to the standard version of the game, there is also a “Turbo Edition” (How is this not called the “Smurf-tastic Edition “?) available at retail. This version comes with the game, an embroidered Papa Smurf patch, and two sticker sheets.
Smurfs Kart is available now on Nintendo Switch.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!
The Splintering’s TeePublic store has items for all budgets, great and small! If you like what we do & want to help keep our site 100% free of paid ads, go here!
Smell the poison ivy!
LikeLiked by 1 person