Puzzle-Platformer “Mistcaller” Revealed; Coming to Steam in December
Gorillas not confirmed.
On Friday, developer Onyx Wings unveiled its upcoming supernatural, mystery-based platformer Mistcaller, which is planned for a December release on Steam PC.
Described as “an eerie, yet thrilling puzzle-platformer that takes place in a world covered by mist,” Mistcaller is a game where players are able to control the mist and haze that surrounds them in a dark fantasy world.
Here’s the official breakdown of Mistcaller from Onyx Wings, followed by the latest trailer:
The story is about Eve, a girl who finds herself alone in the world with no memory of what has happened. The world is covered by mist and her only companion is a strange voice coming from the shadows.
While she tries to restore her memories and discover her past, Eve begins to learn that she has the ability to control the mist to navigate around the world shrouded in darkness. Players use this power to control obstacles along the way.
Though not everything is what it seems. As the journey continues, the protagonist begins to uncover various truths and mysteries about the families’ past — and it gets interesting.
- Inspired by titles like Limbo, this game features beautifully hand-drawn designs that showcase artistic visuals
- Harness the power of the mist and navigate through a world shrouded in it
- Incredible puzzles and obstacles to overcome in diverse environments
- An in-depth story about the conflict between two families and a girl’s journey to rescue her kidnapped brother
- An ode to classic platformer games that bring robust art styles to gamers
Mistcaller is currently planned to release in December 2023 for Steam PC. You can add the game to your Steam wishlist now.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!