Superstatic’s Lovecraft-Inspired Roguelite “Liberté” Now on Steam PC
“Zhey may take our lives, but zhey’ll never take our
Anshar Publishing recently announced that the upcoming deck-builder roguelite Liberté is now available for Steam PC.
Developed by Superstatic and set during the French Revolution, Liberté is designed around a “master card” system that is designed to be easy to understand but difficult to master.
Here’s the official breakdown of Liberté from Anshar Publishing, followed by a recent trailer:
Built around a unique combination of fast-paced combat and deckbuilder mechanics, Liberté tasks players with taking to the war-torn streets of Paris as René – a civilian entangled in a massive intrigue between the four most influential factions in the city.
But this is no run of the mill take on the French Revolution; players will need to collect cards, nurture alliances, and discover the truth behind the city’s cryptic invader from another dimension, Lady Bliss.
In Liberté you will:
- Tackle an Action Roguelite mixed with a Deckbuilder: Players unlock cards and build decks that unlock skills, passives and game changing mechanics to make their avatars stronger.
- Build your unique playstyle with cards & skins: Mix and match from over 100 Skills and Talents cards. Go full-on guns-blazing, cut your way out with blades and axes, hit your enemies with a guitar, and sing the revolutionary song!
- Lead René in his human form or use the skin-shifter ability to play as one of the characters – Master Hunter Victor, Tribal Warrior Flea, or Revolt Leader Ana: You’ll encounter mighty enemies too, and face the curses of the Bliss, so make sure to come to the battlefield prepared.
- Unravel the horrifying mystery of the Bliss: Guarded by the all-mighty Eldritches, the gardens of the Bliss are dangerous places, but as you do the monster’s bidding, you will uncover the mystery of who Lady Bliss is and why she chose you for her secret mission.
- Immerse yourself in over 40 hours of dialogue: Inspired by the real French Revolution events, characters, and architecture, Liberté pulls you into a world on the brink of annihilation – body horrors, political maneuvers, and attempted assassinations all included.
- Witness a tug of war with four unique factions to support: Choose a side to unlock additional rewards.
Liberté is now available for via Steam PC.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!
The Splintering’s TeesPublic store has items for all budgets, great and small! If you like what we do & want to help keep our site 100% free of paid ads, go here!