The horrors of “Vigil: the Longest Night” coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
Glass Heart Games has unveiled Vigil: the Longest Night, a 2D action platformer with a few RPG elements, massive bosses, and a horror aesthetic similar to Bloodstained and the Castlevania series.
Vigil is the first game from Taiwanese game studio Glass Heart Games, who promises “precise and technical combat as well as a rich and strong narrative.” The game itself follows the story of Leila, a member of the Vigil who returns to her hometown in search of her lost sister, but upon her arrival, well, you can see exactly what horrors await her in the trailer below, followed by a list of key features taken from Vigil‘s Steam page:
- Experiment with 4 types of weapons — sword, heavy weapons, twin daggers, and bow — along with many mystical variations to be discovered.
- Use dozens of unique items to help, heal, and harm.
- Level up a complex skill tree to help you create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Battle variety of brutal enemies and the bizarre bosses from the depths of your nightmares.
- Unravel the multiple endings and uncover the secrets that lurk in the darkness.
- Become infected with the sinister mood evoked by dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests.
- Listen to the atmospheric music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of popular Finish band Whispered.
Vigil: the Longest Night is scheduled to release on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in early 2020, with the Nintendo Switch version releasing at a later date.