“Formula Retro Racing” Now Available for Xbox One, Steam PC
On Friday, Repixel8’s throwback racer Formula Retro Racing landed on Steam and Xbox One. Inspired by classic arcade racing games such as Virtua Racing and Daytona USA, Formula Retro Racing packages a low-polygon aesthetic with modern touches such as online leaderboards, smooth 60 fps gameplay, and wild crash physics.
Here’s the breakdown of Formula Retro Racing from the game’s Steam page:
Formula Retro Racing is a retro style arcade racing game that’s influenced by the classic arcade racing games of the early 90’s.
Featuring the fast and exciting gameplay that the genre is known for, Formula Retro Racing captures the essence of the old school racing games with crisp low poly visuals, retro soundtrack and high speed action.
Race through a diverse range of tracks across various game modes to beat your personal best times and compete in the Formula Retro Racing leaderboards.
- Retro arcade racing action
- Low poly visuals in HD and 4K at 60fps
- 8 unique tracks each with varying difficulty
- Classic arcade checkpoint racing game mode
- New ‘Eliminator’ game mode
- Destructible cars with crazy crash physics
- Best lap and a Race time online leaderboards for each track