Retro-Inspired Puzzler “Dumpy & Bumpy” Coming to Consoles
Publisher Screenwave Media has announced that their throwback multiplayer puzzle game Dumpy & Bumpy is will be receiving console ports, though specific platforms and release dates have yet to be confirmed. The game was released via Steam PC in May.
Developed by Programancer, Dumpy & Bumpy is a puzzle adventure with pixel art graphics and 80 stages to take on either solo or cooperatively with a buddy. The titular “dragon penguins” appear to be Bubble Bobble inspired, but the gameplay itself looks more reminiscent of Irem’s Kickle Cubicle, with players sliding blocks across the play field to solve each puzzle and advance to the next stage.
Here’s the list of Dumpy & Bumpy’s features from Screenwave Media:
- 8 colorfully themed worlds, each containing 10 levels of varying objectives and hazards
- Slide, lift, and throw blocks, dodge past danger, blow-up bombs, or breathe fire
- Play 2P cooperatively, or mess with the other player
- Separate VS Battle Mode
- Replay levels to improve your high score or beat the Pro time
- 12 Steam Achievements to Unlock
Dumpy & Bumpy is now available via Steam for $4.99.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!