“Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey” Now Available on PlayStation Platforms
On Tuesday, Taito released Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey on PS5, PS4, and PlayStation VR. The game is a cross-buy title, so every PS4 purchase will come with the PS5 version at no extra cost. Plus, you don’t need a PSVR headset to play, either.
Originally released in May for Oculus Quest, Puzzle Bobble 3D is part of the 35th anniversary celebration of the Bubble Bobble series (and the Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move spin-off series, of course). Like other Puzzle Bobble games, players use the bubble launcher to match up bubbles of same color to remove them from the play field. If you’ve never played it, it’s a lot more fun than it may sound.
Here’s the official breakdown of Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey from Taito:
For the first time in thirty five years of Puzzle Bobble history, the spherical conundrums take stunning 3D forms to create brain-boggling challenges which will test the most die-hard veterans and newcomers to the franchise alike.
• 100 New, 3D Puzzles: For the first time in Puzzle Bobble history, spin, color-match and solve 3D bubble configurations with added depth and physics.
• A Classic Remade for Cross-Reality Play: Fully playable on PS4, PS5 or in PS VR – swap seamlessly in and out of a headset on the PS4 version.
• Optional PS VR Support: Virtual reality transforms players into a bubble-popping dragon to tackle puzzles in a new first-person perspective, with physicalized interactions when paired with PlayStation Move controllers.
• 3 Distinct Puzzle Modes: Master 100 progressively difficult puzzles in Story Mode, kick back and pop endless puzzles in Infinite Mode, or hop into online 1v1 Duel Mode, which supports matches across PS5, PS4 and PS VR.
• Easy to Pick-Up-&-Play: Challenging to Master: Simple controls and intuitive game mechanics introduce puzzle popping in a fun, non-intimidating way.
• Color Blindness Accessibility Options: 3 distinct Color Blindness Accessibility options make it possible for players who have R/G, B/Y or UNI to play.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!