“Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey” to Receive a Physical Release on PS4, PS5
ININ Games recently announced that Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey will be receiving a physical release on PS5, PS4, and PlayStation VR thanks to Strictly Limited Games.
Originally released digitally in 2021, Puzzle Bobble 3D is part of the 35th anniversary celebration of Taito’s action/puzzle Bubble Bobble series (and the Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move spin-off series, of course), and it is the first 3D outing for the franchise. It is also worth noting that a PSVR headset is not required to play.
Like other Puzzle Bobble games, players use the bubble launcher to match up bubbles of same color to remove them from the play field. If you’ve never played it, it’s a lot more fun than it may sound.
Here’s the official breakdown of Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey from ININ Games and Taito:
For the first time in thirty five years of Puzzle Bobble history, the spherical conundrums take stunning 3D forms to create brain-boggling challenges which will test the most die-hard veterans and newcomers to the franchise alike.
Bubble dragon brothers Bub and Bob are in for a surprise when their island vacation takes an unexpected turn for an epic, bubble-popping adventure in Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey. Explore lush tropical islands, peaceful lakesides and even the pyramids while solving 100 new puzzles in Puzzle Bobble’s first-ever 3D and optional VR experience, the next evolution of the classic Japanese action, puzzle-game franchise! This game is positively bursting with its cheerful design, adorable characters, and timeless, fun gameplay for fans of the series and newcomers alike.
• 100 New, 3D Puzzles: For the first time in Puzzle Bobble history, spin, color-match and solve 3D bubble configurations with added depth and physics.
• A Classic Remade for Cross-Reality Play: Fully playable on PS4, PS5 or in PS VR – swap seamlessly in and out of a headset on the PS4 version.
• Optional PS VR Support: Virtual reality transforms players into a bubble-popping dragon to tackle puzzles in a new first-person perspective, with physicalized interactions when paired with PlayStation Move controllers.
• 3 Distinct Puzzle Modes: Master 100 progressively difficult puzzles in Story Mode, kick back and pop endless puzzles in Infinite Mode, or hop into online 1v1 Duel Mode, which supports matches across PS5, PS4 and PS VR.
• Easy to Pick-Up-&-Play: Challenging to Master: Simple controls and intuitive game mechanics introduce puzzle popping in a fun, non-intimidating way.
• Fantastic tunes: Includes an all-new score by Zuntata, the composers for the original series!
Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey will be available for pre-order at select retailers soon. Puzzle Bobble super-fans can also pick up a Limited Edition and Collector’s Edition of the game, with the latter coming with collectible items, such as:
- Collector’s box
- CD soundtrack
- Sticker set
- A beach towel (ok, that’s pretty cool)
- Reversible poster
These Limited Edition and Collector’s Editions are exclusive to Strictly Limited Games and their partnered fan store, Gamesrocket. Preorders begin Thursday, 7 April.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!