“The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature” Coming Soon to PS4, Xbox One
Game publisher Hidden Trap recently announced that The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature will be released on 15 March for PS4 (in North America), while Xbone and European PS4 release will be a day later (that’s 16 March 16 for the integer-challenged).
Developed by La Belle Games and ARTE France, The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature is described as an “exploration adventure” where players assume the role of Mary Shelley’s monstrous creature as he discovers the world around him through his innocent, newly reborn eyes. Can you still strangle Elizabeth Frankenstein at the end?
Here’s the official breakdown of The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature from Hidden Trap, followed by the latest trailer:
As Dr. Frankenstein’s creation, you’ll start the game in the middle of nowhere, without any memories of your identity and origins. Spending time with humans, however, will transform your confusion into an endless stream of questions. Each step of the journey brings a new experience meant to shape your mind and, hence, the path you choose. Whether bitter or pleasant, these situations will lead you, somehow, to the truth. But will you be strong enough to face it?
The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature presents an innovative reinterpretation of the English classic ‘Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus’, published in 1818 by Mary Shelley. The game’s dark romanticism contrasts with the idyllic beauty of the 19th century-style painting of its settings, where lively landscapes that react to the player take centre stage.
• Delve into the Frankenstein myth through a new perspective focused on the creature’s experience and feelings, approached with a sensitivity never before seen in a video game.
• Enjoy this moving story in all its possible variations, with five different endings.
• Stroll through idyllic, colorful landscapes inspired by 19th century painting, now remastered in 4K for PlayStation and Xbox!
• Observe how the landscapes you pass through “react” to the mood of the creature. Have you ever felt that the sky seemed grayer on a gloomy day?
• Let yourself go by the unique atmosphere provided by a soundtrack that conveys the essence of this heart-feeling story.
• Play smoothly and flowingly thanks to the new control scheme fully adapted to PlayStation and Xbox controllers.
The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature is currently scheduled to release 15/16 March on PS4 and Xbone for €14,99 / $14.99. If you just can’t wait, the game is already available on Steam PC here.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!