Throwback FPS “Dread Templar” Now Available on PC
Remember, remember the 13th of… Friday… erm, this isn’t working….
Fulqrum Publishing has officially launched the 1.0 version of Dread Templar for PC via Steam, GOG and the Epic Games Store.
Created by the one-man developer at T19 Games, Dread Templar is a first-person shooter inspired by its classic 90s forebears – most obviously Doom. The game puts players in a fast-paced, demon-infested environment where you shoot, slash, and scorch your way to ultimate victory.
Here’s the official breakdown of Dread Templar from Fulqrum, followed by the latest trailer:
Made by a solo developer over the course of three years, Dread Templar effortlessly evokes classic shooters of the 90s, but with a modern twist and gameplay depth on par with contemporary FPS titles.
Players will embark upon a quest for bloody vengeance, blasting their way through hordes of diverse demonic enemies across multiple, distinct, unique campaign environments – from the dark realm of hell to frozen pirate ships – all brought to life by a detailed, retro, pixel-art visuals, supercharged by a head-banging original soundtrack.
A vast and varied arsenal of badass weapons and powers are on hand to aid players as they become the scariest thing in hell. Experimentation is encouraged, with over 100 different upgrades available to unlock – all of which can be endlessly combined to offer widely different and personally tailored playstyles.
Dread Templar Features
- Use FPS staples such as dashing and bullet time to conquer the brutal, fast-paced gameplay.
- Select a unique combination from 100+ skill and upgrade unlocks to create your own playstyle.
- Turn a varied roster of 20+ enemy types and 9 different bosses into a bloody mist with more than 10 weapons – from katana swords to firearms and infernal weapons!
- Explore 25+ vast levels and search them for 19 side areas, more than 170 secrets and solve over 20 challenging puzzles to receive epic rewards.
- Enjoy the handmade retro art style – all elements of the game including weapons, enemies, and environments are created in a retro pixelated art style reminiscent of the 90s shooters. You can even select from 5 different filters to give the game a completely new look!
- Embrace the Dread Force to become the scariest thing in hell and beyond!
Dread Templar is now available now for PC via Steam, GOG and the Epic Games Store. For those who jump in early, there is a special launch discount available for a limited time.
Thanks for reading!
Please consider following The Splintering on social media or bookmarking the site for more independent entertainment news, views, and commentary!
The Splintering’s TeePublic store has items for all budgets, great and small! If you like what we do & want to help keep our site 100% free of paid ads, go here!